Thursday, February 12, 2009

24

I am 24.

No longer am I in my early twenties,but rather my mid twenties!

It seems funny that I should have gone to Trinity College 6 years ago thinking that my life was going to begin. The expectations, the plans and hopes and dreams only the naive and the young can muster up. Truth be told, my utopian ideas were wiped out quite soon after I turned 18.

Fast forward 6 years and here I am in rural Victoria with Milton. Is this where I thought I'd end up?

No.

In my 18 year old mind at 24 I thought I would be studying my final year of medicine, happily engaged to someone that I had met when I was 19. The naivety of that thought!!!

I'm older and wiser now. I now know you can't plan your life - things never turn out the way you'd imagine it to be.

Plans for today? Buy a huge tub of ice cream and KFC.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday dearest!
    can i share ur tub of ice-cream n kfc??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... i never imagined me the way i am now too. i thought at 22+ i'll be hanging around with my best friends and getting wasted at the hottest club in town but here i m now working my ass off in a midsized audit firm... one word = depressing. :S well, hopefully it gets better! happie bday !!!~ ;p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...