Sunday, April 11, 2010

Irrational Fears

Woke up at about 1am with the worst stomach pains of my life. As I lay there in bed trying to figure out why:

a) I ate chocolate that's expiring in 2 weeks. Does that give unexplained stomach pains?
b) I was carrying some pretty hefty groceries yesterday - could have strained an abdominal muscle?
c) I wore some pretty tight jeans yesterday...tight jeans??
d) Am I going to die of some abdominal problem here alone in this house in the middle of nowhere is it all the KFC and Macca's that I've been eating that's given me bowel cancer or something argh!!!!!

Thoughts got crazier and crazier as I lay in bed pondering about my life. Considered if I should get medical help and realized it's not like GPs in Benalla are up and about early Sunday morning, and I don't know any GPs, do I?

Then remembered my own father was a GP. Yes, I was going slightly insane.

Anyway, stomach pains eventually eased off and I dozed off and woke up at 11 this morning. Have not slept in that late in a very long while.

That episode made me realize that I'm probably not built to live alone. I don't want to be found dead in my apartment 3 weeks later, with half my face eaten off by Milton. Yes, I'm quoting Bridget Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...