Friday, November 13, 2009

Revisited

Music was a huge part of my life when I was growing up. I have plenty of memories in regards to my piano and violin lessons/ practice sessions.

I still remember hating scales. My mom made it more interesting by cutting bits of paper with the key written on them and making me draw them from a cup. Whatever I drew I had to play. Which makes no ridiculous sense now because at the end of it I still had to play every single scale anyway. But I guess it made things a little less mundane.

And I remember how I'd practice the pieces so that I could get a sticker for my hard work. Amazing what a sticker could do when I was 6.

Anyway, ever since I moved to Australia 7 years ago (has it really been almost 7 years??) I have let that part of me slip away. Not having a piano at home was probably the biggest issue. I kept putting it off, telling myself that I'd get one once I get a 'permanent' home.

However, my housemate went to Melbourne and came back with... a keyboard! An extremely exciting development. Played a few tunes and am pleased to say I still know how it works. And it made me realize I miss that part of me.

Now... time to learn the unofficial Bella's Lullaby from Twilight for fun. Always thought it was a simple and haunting melody and it's been stuck in my head for the past 3 months. Have to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...