Sunday, November 1, 2009

No. 43 - Try 50 New Recipes (19/50)

Just a week ago I was complaining that it was still too cold and will summer ever come?

Suddenly it's 34 degrees now and me and Milton are just languishing around the house, longing for cooler weather again.

Where did the days with 20+ go to?! I think we only got 2 of them and suddenly it was just straight up to the 30s. Am I asking for so much when I request for moderation?

Anyway, because of the extreme heat we decided to make a watermelon basket. By we I mean me, except I badgered my guy housemate to do all the initial hard work of getting the shape of the basket right and dicing all the fruit. Oh, and going to the grocery store to get the fruit. Then all I did was decorate the edges and dropped the blueberries in.

In my defense, I have been very sick for the past week, which is why everyone has been extra nice to me. I haven't even had the energy to fully unwrap and show you guys the latest additions to my kitchen and house. I will - later.




Isn't it pretty? I was so proud of it and wished we had a party so that more people could appreciate it. As it is, it's sitting in our refrigerator, where it will stay and keep us busy for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...