Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's funny how when I start reminiscing about my life I realize that I hardly ever reminisce about the good stuff. Instead my mind flashes back to all the bad things that have happened in the past and I just pretty much sink down into this self-pitying and self-indulgent mood. Very destructive.

There are 2 things that trigger off such episodes - stalking people on Facebook and realizing they've gone so much farther compared to where I've gone - and reading blogs of people who chronicle how fabulous their life is.

Should really stop doing that.

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not doing that badly yourself. always takes time to get established

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a very accomplished and capable person yourself and you've probably gone as far or further than any of those people will ever go. for all you know, they may be thinking about you in the same way and wished they were half as successful as you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with mayne :) the seaweed is ACTUALLY greener in ur lake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...