Saturday, May 1, 2010

There's A Zephyr

I've done a great deal of driving over the past week.

Benalla to Melbourne. Melbourne to Sydney. Sydney to Beechworth. Beechworth to Bright, to Milawa to Benalla. Benalla to Melbourne. And finally Melbourne to Benalla - what is now my home.

As I was driving, I saw what seemed like heads of seeds floating across the freeway, drifting wherever the wind sent them. Thousands of them scattered our path as we made our way to our destination.

It was a rather melancholic scene. In a way I feel like those seeds, drifting - with no real direction - just waiting for the right gust of wind to send me to the exact right spot where I can put out my roots. And hopefully flourish.

It's almost the middle of the year now and I've been thinking about what to do next year. Sure, it is still a little early, but it's good to be prepared. My trip to Sydney has not cast it in a favourable light. In many ways I prefer Melbourne - it's a lot more organized, the real estate isn't as insanely priced (although still very pricey) and it is less hectic.

Actually, I rather like Benalla and wouldn't mind staying another year. Problem is, if I choose to do that - I'll have to do it alone.

There is a zephyr, and I don't know where it's taking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...