Sunday, February 7, 2010

No. 71 - Go Somewhere Remote to Stargaze

I've always lived in places that had a huge amount of light pollution. As a result, I never really had much of a chance to really appreciate what the night sky looked like.

I've been in the country for a year but tonight, we finally decided that it was time to drive out of the town to a really really dark country road on a moonless and cloudless night and be prepared to be amazed.

And amazed we were.

In Melbourne, you might see maybe... several stars. In the Benalla town, you see many stars. Out in a pitch black country lane at night on a moonless cloudless night? Millions. Or what seems like it.

The Milky Way had never seemed so distinct and I never knew there were that many stars in the sky.

I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...