Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No. 44 - Eat At 50 New Eateries (19-22/50)

A whole post dedicated to the places we went to in Daylesford. In all, a very satisfactory dining experience.


Boathouse - The restaurant is right at the lake's edge. Made me feel like maybe a lakehouse is better than a beach house. Still thinking about it.




Lakehouse - Supposedly the best dining experience in regional Victoria, I guess it didn't disappoint. A 3 course meal ended up feeling more like 10 courses or so because of the pre-entre, pre-dessert, post-dessert and the main course that had 3 separate elements that ended up feeling like 3 separate courses. Very very filling. Pictures did not do it justice - the lighting was just too dim.

That's me enjoying my post-dessert tea. I'm still unsure if drinking tea at night causes sleeplessness. I couldn't sleep after it, but it could have been due to overstimulation over the day. Who's to say?



Frangos Frangos - Love their huge flower arrangement of huge lilies. Food was good too - trying to think of what I had but to be honest, it's starting to slip out of my mind. As I said, overstimulation - too many things happening at the same time.



Chowder House - A place that specializes in chowder. Huge bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...